Families in Cultural Transition (FICT) Kit CD
$30 (GST & postage included)
For payment by cheque, or to be invoiced, please contact us on 9646 6700, or by email
FICT is a group program for newly arrived refugees and migrants which aims to help adults adjust to life in Australia.
During the program participants:
- Learn from each other
- Have their feelings and reactions normalised
- Learn about different family structures and roles
- Find out about support services available to refugees and others
- Form good relationships
The FICT kit contains:
- A helpful facilitator introduction on how to implement the programs
- Introduction to the program for parents and getting to know each other
- Support systems
- Budgeting and finance
- Trauma and healing
- Enjoying the environment
- Board games (temporarily unavailable as they are being updated)
- Handouts and overheads
- Sample evaluation forms
Facilitators of the FICT program should have good contacts with their community, have some experience in running groups and have a good knowledge of English (as well as their communities’ language/s). In some situations an interpreter can be used. They must also receive training in running the FICT program, either from STARTTS or another organisation experienced with FICT.
Ask to speak to one of the FICT Project Officers on (02) 9646 6700.