Make a request
Think carefully about your training needs and how you would like STARTTS to help you. All requests need to be made at least 4-6 weeks in advance.
Training Request Form – Please download the form to your desktop, fill in, save and email it to:
Call the Administration Officer (Training and Events) on (02) 9794 1900 if you need more information.
Trainings provided by STARTTS
- STARTTS’ Services
- Cultural Competence with People from Refugee Backgrounds
- Working Effectively with Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Working with Refugee Young People
- Working with Refugee Families
- Refugee Trauma and Child Development
- Refugee Trauma and Ageing
- Refugee trauma assessment and treatment
- Case study discussions
- ‘Accidental’ Counsellor
- Community development
- Group facilitation
- Social capital evaluation
- Specific community awareness
- Other topics upon request
Training in rural and regional areas of NSW
As part of our rural and regional strategy, STARTTS provides training to workers and volunteers in a number of regions of NSW. In particular training is offered in those areas of rural and regional NSW that have received significant numbers of newly arrived refugees.
Relevant to all mainstream service providers in NSW working with people from refugee backgrounds. A minimum of 8 participants is required to do a presentation or workshop.
Health-related organisations receive training for free according to our funding agreement with federal health. A small cost may be applicable to non-health organisations. STARTTS is a non-profit organisation and any fees charged are aimed at cost recovery only.