How to Apply for a Job at STARTTS
Please read the following information carefully and follow the steps as explained if you wish to apply for an advertised position at STARTTS.
Preparing to Write the Application
Submitting a Job Application
Send ALL of the below documents to STARTTS by email or post. A cover letter is optional.
- Fill out the “STARTTS Application for Employment Form“
- Write a Statement Against the Selection Criteria outlining how you meet the selection criteria (see the guide “How to apply for a job at STARTTS“)
- Update your Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of relevant Qualifications
- Statements of Service from previous relevant roles (if applicable)
- Email your applications to: STTS-Jobs@health.nsw.gov.au (Make sure you include your name and the ad reference number in the subject line)
For previous relevant experience to be taken into consideration you must submit a statement of service from previous employers.
PO Box 203
Fairfield NSW 2165
Note: Do not fax your application. If you do not send all 3 documents as required you may not be considered for the position.
The Recruitment Process
A selection panel of at least three people will assess all the job applications against the essential and desirable criteria listed in the job description, and will cull the applications.
If you make the cull you will be invited by phone and letter to attend an interview at one of STARTTS’ offices. This should happen within 2 to 3 weeks of the closing date.
You will be provided with some documents which you will need to complete and bring to the interview as well as:
- Original or certified copies of relevant qualifications. If your qualifications are from overseas please bring a statement of Australian equivalence for your qualification, or letter of recognition or result of testing from an Australian recognised assessing, registering and/or licensing body (read more about this)
- Your Current ‘NSW Working with Children Check’ clearance number if the position is classified as child-related work (the position description specifies this)
- Original identity documentation worth a minimum of 100 points.
- A completed Criminal Record Check form.
The Criminal Record Check form will be sent to you with the interview invitation letter.
The same panel as above will interview the candidates who best meet the criteria. The panel members will ask the same questions of all the job applicants chosen for interview. You may be asked to do a role play or a presentation or skill test depending on the position.
Referee checks will be conducted with at least two recent work referees for those applicants being considered for appointment. If selected for the position you will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check and to have a current NSW Working with Children clearance number if applicable.
Notification of the Outcome of your Application
- The preferred candidate will be informed by phone of the success of their application within a few days after the interview once all of the checks have been completed and then a formal letter of offer will be provided.
- Note that you will be required to submit Certificates of Service for your previous jobs or equivalent documentation in order to be placed at the correct salary level.
- Unsuccessful candidates who were interviewed will be informed within a few days by phone and by letter. You could be offered a place on the eligibility list if appropriate.
If you are not invited to the interview, you will be advised that your application has been unsuccessful by letter, usually within 4 to 6 weeks of the closing date.
Before Starting a Job at STARTTS
If you are successful you will be required to submit Certificates/ Statements of Service for your previous relevant jobs or equivalent documentation in order to be placed at the correct salary level.