STARTTS Youth Advisory Group
STARTTS Youth team are recruiting young people to become volunteer members of our Youth Advisory Group. Members will be the think tank behind the creation and design of our future programs and activities.
Members will be volunteers who shall:
- Contribute to the planning of youth events
- Contribute to youth leadership activities, advocacy and community service work
- Encourage youth participation and provide feedback to community groups, reflecting a positive image to the wider community
Why have a STARTTS Youth Advisory Group?
STARTTS Youth Team understands that many young people of refugee background need support to be successful. We offer a variety of integrated programs to support youth who are experiencing challenges in their lives. We work with clients to build on their personal strengths such as leadership, self-awareness, and identity in order to increase participation within the community. Our programs are designed for young people between the ages of 10-24 years and follow a youth-centred, relationship-based, and collaborative approach.
Who can apply?
Any young person who is interested in or has a passion for issues that affect young persons from refugee / refugee-like / asylum seeker backgrounds.
- Applicants in the age range from 14 – 24 year’s old
- Applicants based in urban or rural/regional NSW
- Applicants demonstrate a keen interest or show great passion for issues which affect young people from refugee / refugee-like / asylum seeker backgrounds
- Applicants are willing to commit to the Youth Advisory Group for the full term duration of one year, to start July 2020
- Applicants are able to attend fortnightly meetings, in person or online via zooms.
Benefits to becoming a YAG member
- Connect with like-minded young people
- Have your voice heard in your community and make valuable contributions
- Gain experience working on youth projects, activities and events
- Develop leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Receive support, training and reference opportunities
How to apply?
STEP 1 – PREPARE
- 2 to 5-minute video profile of yourself, to include:
- Name, age, and background information
- Information about your personality
- Why you would like to become a STARTTS Youth Advisory Group member
- What you would like for the Youth Advisory Group to achieve
STEP 2 – SEND
WhatsApp your video profile to STARTTS Youth at +61416170056
(all videos to remain private)
STEP 3 – COMPLETE
Online Application Form, click below
This is a Volunteer Position.
Applications will close midnight, 17 July 2020.
For further information, contact STARTTS Youth Team at 02 9646 6700.