STARTTS is committed to respecting and protecting an individual’s right to privacy under the provisions of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. STARTTS does not permit the publication of information that may identify individuals, or might potentially identify them without their prior approval.
The links to external [non STARTTS] sites are occasionally included in web pages for the convenience of site users. STARTTS does not have any responsibility for the privacy practice of third party sites links to STARTTS sites.
What does STARTTS do with personal information provided in feedback?
Email addresses provided to this site will only be used to respond to enquiries and will not be added to other organisations’ mailing lists, or disclosed to any other party without the user’s consent, except when it is mandatory to do so by law.
Personal information will be kept in safe custody, sufficient to prevent illegal access, and will be properly handled to ensure its safety, integrity and confidentiality. Circumstances in which STARTTS may be required to disclose this information to a law enforcement agency include:
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on a STARTTS site
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on the STARTTS site
- Attempts to intercept messages of other users of STARTTS sites
- Communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server
- Breach the laws of the State of NSW or the Commonwealth of Australia