Settling In Kit
$60 (GST & postage included) – Currently not for sale pending update.
For payment by cheque, or to be invoiced, please contact us on 9646 6700, or by email
Settling In is a group program for newly arrived refugee and migrant students which aims to help students adjust to life in Australia.
During the ten week program students:
- Learn from each other
- Have their feelings and reactions normalised
- Learn coping strategies
- Form good relationships
Although it is most often used with school students, Settling In can be used in a range of situations.
Facilitators of the Settling In program should have significant experience in running groups, including experience in cross-cultural issues and in helping young people who have survived trauma.
The Settling In Kit contains:
- A helpful facilitator introduction on how to implement the program
- Introduction to the program for students and getting to know each other’s activities
- Feelings about resettlement
- Likes and dislikes about Australia and country of origin
- Dealing with anger
- Anxiety and depression
- People and places that can help
- Settling goals
- Problem solving
- Self esteem and personal strengths
- Review and closure
- Relaxation scripts
- Evaluation sheets
- Handouts for activities in the sessions
Translations of selected handouts are available in the following languages:
Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Croatian, Dari, Farsi, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Somali, Spanish, Tamil, Vietnamese.