© STARTTS/ Anna Zhu
STARTTS Youth program aims at bringing young people of refugee background together to learn how to communicate, play, live and learn together in order to foster long-lasting relationships built on common interests, friendship, cooperation, mutual understanding and trust.
Our camps for young people are residential camps that run for three nights, and are held during every school holiday period.
Our indoor and outdoor program is specifically designed to:
- Develop social skills
- Encourage teamwork
- Enhance self-esteem and confidence
- Promote positive relationships with other individual youth and camp leaders
- Engage participants in a wide range of positive recreational and educational activities
- Develop young people’s sense of responsibility
The residential program aims to:
- Promote the development of positive relationships and encourage young people to ‘slow down’ and reflect on their lives without the distractions of modern life; provide structure, routine, consistency and predictability for young people;
- Focus on young people’s strengths and positive behaviour;
- Include participation in activities that reconnect young people with their culture, promote healthy lifestyles and facilitate skill/knowledge development; and teach young people new ways to express their needs and cope with their emotions and life experiences.