Heart rate variability biofeedback is a foundational therapeutic technique used to regulate ANS physiology and improve physical and mental health. Renowned heart rate variability expert Dr. Richard Gevirtz will present a two day workshop coving the basics and applications of heart rate variability biofeedback. This is a rare opportunity to train with one of the leading researchers, clinicians and educators in this field.
Day 1 – Thursday 1st August 2019.
- Anatomical and Physiological basis of heart rate variability (HRV) with a quick review of Respiration
- Measurement of HRV: Understanding the metrics (with a demo)
- Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback (HRVB): Finding Resonance Frequency
- Training clients in HRVB: Equipment, home training, trouble shooting, etc.
Day 2 – Friday 2nd August 2019.
- Review of Concepts.
- Overview of applications:
- Participants decide on which of the following to cover in depth:
- Chronic Pain, Anxiety Disorders, Trauma, Functional GI disorders, Blood Pressure, Headaches, others.
- Disorder I: From above list
- Disorder II: From above list
- Q&A wrap up
Suitable for all interested clinicians, health professionals, teachers and counsellors working with children, adolescents and adults.
$650 for the two day workshop.
The workshop fee includes entrance to the workshop for the two days, a certificate of attendance, a printed copy of the PowerPoint slides, and morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
152-168 The Horsley Drive
Carramar NSW 2163
Parking: Some onsite parking available (enter off Mitchell St), free street parking
Train: Fairfield train station is a 20 minute walk, Carramar train station is a 10 minute walk
Bus: 904 or 905 from Fairfield train station
A certificate for the two-day workshop will be emailed after the event to attendees who signed on.
Payment of the registration fee is online by credit card and a receipt/confirmation will be automatically emailed to you. An administration fee of $30 applies to all cancellations made more than 14 days before the event. Registration once paid cannot be cancelled 14 days or less before the event, regardless of personal circumstances. Registration can be transferred to another delegate only if STARTTS is informed of the name change. Registration can be transferred to a different workshop only if notice is given to STARTTS 14 days before the date of the original event the delegate registered for. The concession price is for full-time students and pensioners only and a photocopy or pdf of a valid concession card must be forwarded to the STARTTS training team upon registration. Registrations will not be confirmed until full payment is received. The STARTTS Training Team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9646 6700.